Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program: Hungary has recently declared a remarkable opportunity for Pakistani students by introducing BS, MS, and PhD scholarships. Facilitated by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2024-25 has been unveiled specifically for individuals from Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK). Originating from the Hungarian government, the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program aims to assist global students in pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees at some of the country’s premier universities. Delve into the comprehensive details of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2024-25 to thoroughly understand this exceptional opportunity.
Categories of Scholarships
The scholarships are available in four distinct categories:
- Bachelor’s degree (requires completion of 12 years of education).
- One-tier master’s degree (equivalent to the above).
- Master’s degree (requires completion of 16 years of education).
- PhD degree (requires completion of 17-18 years of education).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- During the registration process, submit certificates, transcripts, or degrees that have been attested by relevant authorities, such as HEC and IBCC.Provide HAT or USAT test scores.
- Submit a medical certificate to confirm freedom from AIDS, all types of hepatitis, and other contagious diseases.
- Fulfil the criteria of the Hungarian university.
- Applicants currently in the last year of their existing study programs/degrees and those awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Specific Requirements for Each Category:
- Possess HSSC/intermediate or an equivalent of bachelor’s and one-tier master’s degrees
- Must have completed 16 years of education.
- Must have completed 18 years of education.
Applicants are required to apply through both the Stipendium Hungaricum and the HEC portals. Before submitting their applications, applicants should carefully review the provided application guidelines.
Note: Both portals are currently unavailable, and applicants are advised to regularly check for updates.
When applying for the program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Online application form.
- Motivation letter.
- Please provide evidence of language proficiency, along with school certificates, transcripts, and translations in either the language of the selected degree or in Hungarian.
- Medical certificate.
- Passport copy.
- Acceptance statement for application in the Tempus Public Hungary online system.
Successful applicants will receive a tuition-free education, along with the following monthly stipends:
For PhD Programs:
- Monthly stipend of HUF 140,000 for the first phase (four semesters).
- Monthly stipend of HUF 180,000 for the second phase of education covering four semesters.
For All Other Programs:
- Monthly stipend of HUF 43,700 until the completion of their degree.
Additionally, in both PhD and other programs, students will be entitled to:
- Free dormitory accommodation or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the entire scholarship period.
- Medical insurance coverage of up to HUF 65,000 per year. It’s important to note that these provisions serve as contributions to the living expenses of the scholarship holders and may not fully cover all costs. Students are strongly advised to assess expected living expenses in both Hungary and their chosen city before applying and to be prepared to contribute their own financial resources to cover all living expenses.
The program is scheduled to hold examinations in January and February 2024, aiming to identify deserving candidates for scholarships across bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD programs. The final day to submit applications for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program is January 15, 2024, at 4 PM Pakistan Time.
How useful was this article?
Please rate this article
Average rating / 5. Vote count: