HEC’s Commonwealth Scholarships
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has invited applications from Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) under the Commonwealth Scholarships Program 2022 for MS and Ph.D. in the United Kingdom. Co-operated by the HEC and the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, the Commonwealth Scholarship Program aims to empower talented people to study at top UK universities and contribute to the sustainable development of Pakistan.
Here are some important facts one should know about the Commonwealth Scholarship Program 2022.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Program 2022 is offered under six themes:
- Science and technology development
- Strengthening health and energy systems
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening world peace, security, and governance
- Strengthen resilience and response to problems
- Access, installation, and opportunity
- Applicants must be Pakistani and AJK citizens and permanent residents of Pakistan and AJK. People of both countries are not eligible.
- For MS scholarships, applicants must have the appropriate first degree (16 years BS / MSc degree) on the closing date.
- Ph.D. Students, applicants must have the appropriate first degree (17-18 degree MS / MPhil degree) on the closing date.
- Ph.D. Applicants must provide proof of potential administrative support from at least one UK university included in the application form.
- Applicants may have two-second stages in their entire academic career. However, their final degrees must be in the first category.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in an MS or Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D. at any UK university before September / October 2022
- They should not have started or are currently enrolled for an MS or Ph.D. or an MPhil leading Ph.D. at any university in Pakistan or elsewhere.
- Successful candidates must be available to start UK studies at the beginning of the UK academic year in September / October 2022.
- Applicants must submit two online references to the UK input program.
- They must obtain a minimum mark of 70% in the Aptitude Test to be administered by HEC’s Education Testing Council (ETC).
How to Apply?
Applicants must apply online at both the Commonwealth and HEC sites. Applications submitted in any other mode will not be appreciated. Should applicants fail to apply on both sites, their applications will not be considered. It is also recommended that applicants provide all supporting documents in the required format. Otherwise, their applications will be rejected.
How useful was this article?
Please rate this article
Average rating / 5. Vote count: